Tuesday 9 April 2013

WITH WINGS

I pray not to have wings like a chicken
Never to do the frightened flights

I wish not to have wings like a peacock
For soon will I become too proud

I desire not the wings of a duck
For then will I be seen as too laid back and indolent

If I wings like a parrot
I chatter much and do less

I cherish not those of an ostrich
Then am I big for nothing

If I have wings like an owl
I just sit and watch things happen

If I have wings like a bat
I do too much without vision

If I have wings like a hawk 
I use mine to perpetrate evil

If I have wings like a turkey
Mine are only good to be roasted

If I have wings like a pigeon
Mine are good for caged flights

If I have wings like a dove
I use mine for harmless ventures not to ride the storms

But now I have wings like an eagle
And I ride with glee through storms and mountains

No comments:

Post a Comment