Friday 5 April 2013

THE LAST PROPHECY

As the mountains age
And age itself grows old
While time nears its retirement
And mother earth rotates with frailty on her walking stick
Beckoning on the end for a rest

I sort to unravel this mystery
Old and ever green in history
Lost in my latest entrancement
A daredevil research to embark on
 A project that has failed from inception

The last trump I earnestly await
A call to be made by the archangel
The time he himself cannot tell
The second coming of the messiah
Now a platitudinal statement to the world's peril

The time of the end the creator has hidden
But none of His words going unfulfilled
While heaven and earth pass away
So I dare to go in search of prophecies
My vain clues?

I seek the seers and sought after prophecies
Both ancient and contemporary
Seeking the yet unfulfilled ones
Taking note of the newest one
Watching for the last to be fulfilled

But who can know when prophecies
Will cease to flow
Will I live to find the last prophecy?
Will the world cease to exist before the Almightys' plans
For me come to be

For I believe
The last prophecy being fulfilled
Will signal an end
But who can know it?
 A futile expedition




No comments:

Post a Comment