Tuesday 9 April 2013

Enchanted

I had to examine myself
Whispered my name to myself several times
Is this really me?
Who on earth could disarm me
And send me into the realm of affection
Which I have built a fortress against
For so long years

It was like I had never seen a lass before
I thought this fortress I had built for years
Was strong enough to absorb this amorous shock
And that this feeling would die off prematurely
But alas! You struck my heart like no other
Like the deft touch of a hunter striking a hart
And as a sniper his target

I sought so hard  for an antidote
To remedy this sensation
Trying so hard to erase you from my mind
But there you are always in the recycle bin of my heart
Your picture, image of decency
Coupled with those stunning babyish smiles
And the pristine air

You got me in feverish obsession
Was it lust? I checked
No I wasn't lost
It is love in its purest form
Kneeling everyday before the Almighty
Interceding for this damsel
Whom at last had stolen my heart


No comments:

Post a Comment