Friday 19 February 2016

Nostalgia




This tour I took
To that place with its map
Embossed on the walls of my heart
Through strings of lingering roads
Where memories live
And years have their warehouses
Two decades forward to the past
But alas! The past wasn’t home
It had moved on too
With a chest of memories
A man’s playground in the latter years
The streets had turned grey
And the boisterous dust all grave
The childish mirth all gone
I can only see the screams now
In the ears of my mind
While the corners all deserted
In the host of my childhood
Strange faces paid no respect
To this homecoming
Mystery isn’t always regal
Only few familiar faces now
The faces of the faint colored walls
That winked at me
And the waving arms of the beloved lime tree
Betrothed to time
Now the breeze of emotions
Caresses to a soothing
But still I ran after the past
Caught him with a faint grip
But looked two-faced now



No comments:

Post a Comment