Monday 15 August 2016

NIGHT RISE




Night a time of lull
Says the slumbering mortals
Yet in the dark are neon eyed convoys
But we know how to sweep real clean
For the day rises and we are all gone

Now the night rises
When I flirt with muse
And run with fully awakened spirits
In opposite direction to the world
I drink from the cup of the night
And read dreams
Then I write the dark

Night rises
When the nakedness of the day is covered
And I take a step ahead of time
To see beyond the minds
When the day is created
In the boardrooms of high places

Night arises
When men fondle terror
And bargain with horror
When a man mixes gin with human blood
And downs it benumbed
Then picks his wicked teeth with a piece of his prey’s rib
As a family shops for wood and clothes for the afterlife

Night rises
When I talk to the moon
And wink back at the seductive sparkling stars
And I marvel at the flickers of the fireflies
Then I listen to the symphonies of hoots and howls
And deathless barks signalling the presence of the spirits

Night rises
When the necropolis comes to live
And necrophilic rites are performed
When starving ghouls go to shop
With dregs of mist to drink
And a mortal’s head puffs
At an encounter

Now the day rises
And the night falls
And we sweep clean so you cannot tell
Now the sun rises
And I must sleep
For yet again the night must rise.



No comments:

Post a Comment