Wednesday 24 June 2015

The Price

Gentle and calm spirit of love
Breezes in soothingly
Like the tender wind of dusk
Caressing my troubled spirit
Cooling off the embers of throbs
Grieving my tumultuous being

Your calm I need not now
But your rods and chisels
Now I need
The hard hitting of your hammers
The peelings I desire
That tranquility only the noise can bring

Break me down O gentle spirit
Wreck the walls of flawly fondness
Rip me off this slippery highway
Rid me of my tresured vile playthings
Drag me form the dining of my cravings
Stand for me when I get to that sinking zone

Flush the stinky slime
Tear open my graspy palms
Don't mind my sweltering tears
Let your rod descend in the field of tussles
Be ruthless at work and be a sulfuric gentle fire
Am just a helpless puppet on sin's strings

Yes I bleed now cut loosed
All covered in bruises
The wounds fresh and open
Down on my knees it stings
The recovery nigh
Harvested for the holy hills

No comments:

Post a Comment